Avira Protection Cloud 0.1.0.1 Beta 2: Cloud-based Antivirus Software
Avira updated version released today.The company best known for its Free Antivirus program, has just made available a technical preview of Avira Protection Cloud, a new cloud-based antivirus solution that is leveraging the cloud and swarm technologies.
- A list of file locations frequently targeted by malware is generated (similar to that used in a quick scan with a regular Antivirus).The list includes running processes, programs that run at start-up and services.
- The hash (a digital fingerprint) of each file is generated and sent to the Avira Protection Cloud, which is then categorized as “clean” or “malware”.
- Unknown program files are uploaded to the Avira Protection Cloud for analysis.
- At the beta stage, each uploaded file is scanned inside the Avira Protection Cloud using the latest technologies.
- Once the uploaded files have been scanned in the Cloud, the Technical Preview Client displays all available results.
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4
• Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
• Internet connection
Posted on 19/07/2012, in Anti security, Extra Plus, Technology, Utilities, Windows and tagged Antivirus, Avira, Cloud antivirus, free antivirus, free antivirus program, malware security, Protection Cloud, scanner, software. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.